Snapshot time! As with previous snapshots, this mostly focuses on bug-fixes and tweaks, with any major feature updates being reserved for Minecon, which is later this month. That said, there are quite a few fixes on offer:
- [Bug MC-29544] - Particles from falling/landing/sprinting on leaves do not use foliage color
- [Bug MC-41270] - Resourcepack’s glyph_sizes.bin and some unicode_pages are only loaded on startup
- [Bug MC-83905] - Compass animates incorrectly
- [Bug MC-95460] - Compass needle spins only in lower half randomly in the End and Nether
- [Bug MC-96463] - UV mapping in cross.json and tinted_cross.json models is incorrect / South face of crossed textures of saplings, plants, etc. is mirrored
- [Bug MC-101555] - Resource pack fails to load when the itemframe blockstate is multipart
- [Bug MC-103550] - Malformed ping packet from server crashes client
- [Bug MC-105886] - World File Names Containing Brackets Will Not Load Packaged Resource Packs
- [Bug MC-105978] - Lingering Potions lose their effect when thrown in survival
- [Bug MC-105982] - Placing a sign that was in a stack of 1 causes it to lose it’s data
- [Bug MC-106046] - Lava bucket gets used up in smelting
- [Bug MC-106084] - Passengers do not upgrade correctly from old versions
- [Bug MC-106314] - Don’t know what stat.killEntity.Creeper is
- [Bug MC-106485] - Crafted Banner applied to a Shield defaults color to black/doesn’t change the shield
- [Bug MC-106536] - The block model of bone blocks lacks some cullface definitions
- [Bug MC-106665] - Pause on lost focus inconsistent spelling.
- [Bug MC-106675] - Command feedback inconsistency.
- [Bug MC-106708] - Block Model Random Offset Compatibility
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, it will make the sheep cry! As anyone can tell you, sheep crying is sad, and makes their wool all damp and weird.
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog). Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar: Minecraft server jar
Short Title: Snapshot 16w36a Ready For Testing
Full Title: Snapshot 16w36a Ready For Testing
Raw Date: 2016-09-09 19:03:03
Nice Date: 7:03 pm, September 9, 2016
Content Length: 2464