Update: Version 1.8.2-pre6 was just released, it contains fixes for the following issues and some other bugs that were introduced in pre5:
- [Bug MC-77018] – Day light doesn't affect water and particles
- [Bug MC-77021] – Beacon shows additional glitchy beam
Update: Version 1.8.2-pre5 was just released, it contains some performance tweaks, a bonus hug and fixes the following issues:
- [Bug MC-1973] – Items placed into a beacon are lost upon destroying it or reloading a world
- [Bug MC-4405] – Beacons work inconsistently in the Nether
- [Bug MC-48219] – Keyboard input causes mouse look to stutter or jerk (Fixed in LWJGL 2.9.3)
- [Bug MC-48969] – Tellraw crashes if clickEvent is an URL without "http://"
- [Bug MC-49704] – Mooshroom udder texture does not display correctly
- [Bug MC-50769] – Mooshrooms incorrectly display custom mushroom models
- [Bug MC-67727] – Beacons in Nether need clear path to "sky"
- [Bug MC-73406] – Beacon stops working at a certain height
- [Bug MC-75083] – Single Player: Can't select any of the previous created worlds in Java 8 (Fixed by installing Java 7) (Windows 8)
- [Bug MC-76493] – Able to hit a block behind out of range entity.
- [Bug MC-76611] – villages.dat stores player names instead of UUIDs
- [Bug MC-76614] – Preexisting vines on east and west sides of blocks are rendered at the wrong face of the block (floating)
- [Bug MC-76650] – Glass Pane image flipped
- [Bug MC-76691] – Huge Mushrooms Generate Incorrectly
- [Bug MC-76716] – Hopper: java.lang.NullPointerException: Updating screen events
- [Bug MC-76747] – Various particles near world border rendered incorrectly.
- [Bug MC-76778] – Hoppers grab items from minecarts, that aren't standing directly above them
- [Bug MC-76946] – Changing owner of Enderpearl doesn't work.
Update: Version 1.8.2-pre4 was just released and fixes the following issues:
- [Bug MC-40275] – Credit screen/End Poem music not playing correctly
- [Bug MC-51804] – Corner fences / cobblestone wall with a block next to them turn black (Smooth lighting off)
- [Bug MC-71163] – Bed can overlap when placed on grass
- [Bug MC-76562] – Hoppers don't work
Update: Version 1.8.2-pre3 fixes the following issue:
- [MC-76556] – Creepers, Blazes, Pigs, Ocelots and Rabbits take damage every 0.5 seconds
Update: Version 1.8.2-pre2 has been released with some more performance tweaks and the following bug fixes:
- [MC-417] – Arrows first bounce back then appear at correct location
- [MC-3885] – Arrows shot into the underside of a block appear black
- [MC-8578] – Hopper sometimes doesn't suck items above when they are overlaying
- [MC-41881] – Hopper minecart acts like it is in a different position
- [MC-59549] – Graphical Arrow Glitch in Position
- [MC-70104] – Arrow visual glitch (fake arrow)
- [MC-73866] – Game crash when an item is thrown into a nether portal.
- [MC-74580] – Marker Tag doesn't make hitbox small anymore
- [MC-76239] – Minecraft Realms main menu button's text between quotation marks
The download link at the end of this post is updated to link to the 1.8.2-pre2 server and we also refilled the free hugs jar – first come, first serve.
Just in time before the holidays, we have the pre-release for 1.8.2 ready. There are some bug fixes and performance tweaks we wanted to get out to you before most of us leave for vacation during the Christmas holidays.
As always, there are some bugs fixed:
- [Bug MC-51573] – Hostile mobs continue to follow/attack you in spectator mode
- [Bug MC-65697] – Explosion force on entities is directionally biased
- [Bug MC-66089] – Explosion physics changed, range of some TNT cannons greatly reduced
Aside from bug fixes and performance increases this update includes cookies, milk and of course lots of hugs. Don’t open your gifts before Christmas!
The Minecraft team and everybody else at Mojang wish you happy holidays and a great transition into the new year!
To get pre-releases, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “pre-releases” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Cross-platform server jar: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/1.8.2-pre6/minecraft_server.1.8.2-pre6.jar
Report bugs here:
The Page Minecraft 1.8.2-pre6 Updated Christmas Gift Edition was first posted on 7:03 pm, January 30, 2015 in the category Mojang Official it has been viewed 2135 times.
Short Title: Minecraft 1.8.2-pre6 Updated Christmas Gift Editi..
Full Title: Minecraft 1.8.2-pre6 Updated Christmas Gift Edition
Raw Date: 2015-01-30 19:03:28
Nice Date: 7:03 pm, January 30, 2015
Content Length: 4518